Saturday 11 May 2013

Why me?

I know my CV doesn't scream marketing & PR but let me explain why I want to work in the industry.

I was always science and maths based, mostly because that's what came easy to me. But I have slowly learnt that what's really worthwhile in life rarely comes easily. Naturally my friends also had their interests rooted in science and maths. So I was blind to the arts for most of my life.

When my first full time role after university role came around I met two rather intriguing young women. I'm going to call them E and S, for the sake of anonymity. S is an illustrator with an enormous passion for what she does and E is really into marketing & PR. By working in the same office as them I saw a side of the world that I had completely overlooked until that point.

This was only the first step. I was lucky enough to sit in on several meetings with a graphic/web design consultancy firm. The people I met and the atmosphere they were working in was simply astonishing. I instantly wanted to work there! The work they do day to day ranges from local councils to national companies.

From this series of events it became clear that I really want to see if I have what it takes to work in this field. The people, atmosphere and the work all seem to line up in a way that I have never experienced before.

No comments:

Post a Comment