Tuesday 30 July 2013

I feel lost, again!

Cyclical, circles, round and round. I appear to have reverted back to default confused state! From time to time I'll conclude/settle in to how things are. There is a certain degree of comfort within this but then I'll get bored! And sadness inevitably follows my boredom. I'd suppose this is a way to keep me moving forward, never letting me stagnate.

Ask anyone who knew me from my Notts days and they'll probs tell you I'm a wanderer. Not happy to stay in one place for any length of time. I think I am looking, for whatever it is that will keep me fired up for the rest of my life. WHERE ARE YOU?! Doesn't necessarily have to be a person just some"thing"

There are echoes of change coming my way, which is good. Should keep me interested for a while, but soon enough I'll grow tired of it. There is a trick my old man used to talk about. That was to approach each day/situation as if you were doing it for the first time. Now this is all good and well but how? He's a doc and he treats every appointment as though it were his first. Admittedly I think he was born to be a doc and he's realised that now. He has found what he loves and will never get sick of it :P

Now for a little logic/science :-O Me? applying logic? Well if you think about how things work, no situation is ever the same as the one before it. Regardless of how hard you try you can never recreate, exactly, any situation. Now I realise the in certain places, shielded vacuum chambers, you can recreate things but they aren't exactly the same? I don't know for sure, but the system that we live in is so complex that the mind boggles at the number of variables one would have to control in order to recreate a situation.

Does that make sense? In short ever moment is unique, much like every person is unique. From this you can honestly experience every situation as brand new. Even if you have experienced similar situations a multitude of times. Well I'll call time on that for now as I could write all day on the moment. Simon Amstell says something similar:


Now for my weekly Mark update! He's been hitting targets for quite some time working all on his lonesome. There have been some process improvements + system upgrades facilitating this but he closed several things on his own. As a result he's been named employee of the month! :D You work hard and have been, recently,  delivering so I'm not just following the masses when I say bro and you deserve it.

That said let's not forget who won the 1st employee of the month :P Milk deliveries, tenders, trips to rock farm... but I'm not bitter ;-) Number 2

There was a bit of a work night out as well. I say a bit of one because we sat in the pub with a bit of poker tacked on the end. I've realised that for me to consider it a "proper" night out then I have to hit a club dance floor or at least dance somewhere, not fussy! I did get to see the fabled folding prowess, tissue supply by the bed whatever for?!? I'm deliberately being vague as you all well know from here I can remember near enough every word, expression, inflection and location of most, if not all, occurrences in my quarter + 1 century.

That's a lie I remember what I want to I think, well whatever it is that makes my uber subconscious memory machine switch on. It'd be easy to assume that I remember the good times which the previous link outlines in great detail. But alas that's not the case. Not a lot of you will know but I had a rude awakening to the darker side of humanity when I was 7/8 years old. Until that time it'd all been smiles and sunshine. :D But it was around this time that I shook off my innocence.

I was comprehensively trounced in an unprovoked, uneven physical contest. It left me confused and angry, of course I over compensated all through my teens and early twenties. Sorry to be vague but if I were to go into detail then I would be able to describe the attire, light levels, bikes and language of those who saw it necessary to kick my ass. Unpleasant as it is the memory serves to remind me, there is always the bigger fish :P Not just physical damage either! Embarrassing situations, emotional vulnerability, failure. It's all there in glorious complex detail! Anyone want this memory now you know the full extent to which it extends??? I thought not :P cowards

One day I drove home and spotted numerous butterflies congregating on this mass of sweet smelling purple stuff! :D I took loads of pics all of which feature way too much foliage! Butterflies are one of my favourite creatures, maybe because the literally change from crawling eating machine to floating awesome machine.

There was one that popped up here, this was just after I'd found out some news that sent me into something of a dazed faze. Where nothing was certain I was so confused I wrote a speech :S

I'd written Pacific Rim off as a potential waste of my life. But after reading a few reviews from some peeps on FB I  decide to give it a chance. Waste of time X-D

Big robots, cool. Why are they just big enough to take on the kaiju? And bipedal movement through water, ridiculous. Why does it take two pilots again? :S And why do they only use their bladed weapons towards the end when they are clearly so effective?

Lastly there was obviously some kinda conspiracy bubbling away within the government for killing the jaeger programme. Could have been much better!

Will be off to watch Wolverine and The Worlds End soon. Fingers crossed that they are worth it :D

I did make a promise and if I can't keep a promise then what am I worth really? A dear old friend of mine has a cousin who has recently joined a girl group, Be Minor. I promised to give em a mention on here to get the word out, which it no doubt will cos people all over the world read this thing! Who's in china reading this? I've deduced most of the ppls but China continues to flummox me!
www.facebook.com/BeMinor

My top 6!

1. 1st day of March - http://goo.gl/kuk9xl
2. Soiree, Sugarcubes and much snappage - http://goo.gl/CPBWcE
3. Liver... - http://goo.gl/yoLX6l
4. New job? - http://goo.gl/TcU7KB
5. I can run! No wait... - http://goo.gl/otIqkg
6. Roller Derby = awesome! - http://goo.gl/bDRCHN


No comments:

Post a Comment