Sunday 16 February 2014

It's a tree or a loaf of bread or a star...

Thinking through reincarnation. A carnation is a flower but it's also a type of milk...dairy! I've been left with a bit of a thing for dairy after spending so long steeped in it. If you aren't imagining my good self soaking in dairy product then...you are now :-P.

So you remember all that stuff I wrote about the question? Well I'm feeling a little different about the whole subject. It's probably because my system has been invaded by a virus! Yep the rhino has breached my personal perimeter, there is no way to write that that doesn't make it sound in some way sexual. Maybe it's all in my head. Trying to write to Kanye was a bad idea I just get distracted and want to bust a move. I'll be right back...


It's damn near impossible to hear that beat and not want to get to your feet! You can allocate the credit/blame for Kanye popping up in the post to @Swap120. His fish Kanye West passed into the great beyond today. God speed mini fishy Kanye. That brings me on nicely to my thoughts on what happens when you kick the bucket according to Hinduism and Buddhism, reincarnation. So the short version is do good and you come back in a better position and vice versa. Assume that it's true and follow my train of thought.

I'm in quite a privileged position, I've got it easy. So I must have done a lot of good in my previous life/lives to earn this. Good for me. Assuming that a bacterial consciousness can move on to become a human consciousness somewhat confuses me. Bacteria are single celled organisms so if we assume each discrete organism has a separate consciousness. But humans and other animals are made up of many, many cells. A single cell has a mean weight of 1 nanogram so if you weigh 100kg then it you have around 100 trillion cells. If the rules are the same then each cell has a consciousness so if you weigh 100 kg then you are lugging around 100 trillion separate consciousnesses...confusing.

This bit I find ever so interesting. Mutualism and  symbiosis. If we look at the human cell it contains a bunch of interesting stuff. Cytoplasm, ribosomes, dna, rna, mitochondria etc here's a lovely article in case you are a massive nerd like me :D It's the mitochondria that interest me in particular. They are the power plant of the cell, it's where all the wonderful ATP is produced that keeps us chugging along. This is a link to wikipedia as it is by far the most comprehensive ting I've found on mitochondria. As you probably know the DNA that carrys the information to make up the human body is stored in the nucleus of the cell. Mitochondria have their own DNA, it's in a loop. Loopy DNA is associated with bacteria! So every cell of the body has mitochondria which is kinda like having a cell within a cell.

So cells, souls, conciousness. How does it add up? Well each cell has it's conciousness and then there is the bit between the ears. The bit that remembers a lot and insists on recalling it all at the most inopportune moments. I'll not name names but I did see a little ting about being unable to sleep a couple of days ago. Because the old noodle won't cycle down. I can definitely relate. The night of the 14th of Feb was a sleepless night for me. Drag your minds out the romantic gutter twas nothing of the sort but a harsh embrace from the heavens. It was of course a full moon. On the day of a full moon and those leading up to it I find sleep to be fleeting. I am a grade A lunatic, get it? My mind races and as of late I have become accepting, I think.

During this time of racey mind madness I glimpsed something. The idea of illusion has long been batted about. This life is all smoke and mirrors. It's not really real. Life? What's all that then? Well boil it down and it comes to chemistry. Things seeking to be stable result in reactions etc. These reactions form into increasingly complex bullshit that results in walking talking abominations. Welcome to the human race a bunch of chemical soup that got a little out of hand.

Mental projection and regression the root of all suffering. Pain is in the here and now but suffering? Mental suffering is reliving the past or anticipating the future. Now the past is done and dusted and the future is yet to be. So if you are suffering the past of the future then you are suffering something entirely fictional. Now fiction in the sense that it doesn't exist. Rather mad...no?

So onwards to this creature/character that is you, me and everyone else. This thing exists in the now. The now is all there is so if anything exists at all it has to be in the now. So now is all there is but because of the "powers" of the mind we think there was a yesterday and assume there will be a tomorrow. We all know what happens when we assume right boys and girls? You make and ASS out of U & ME. Ass. I don't want to be serious it's ever so tedious! But this is about the fundamentals

Now I'm lost I don't know what's next. So I've gotten to the truth that now is all there is so what? Meaning...is what I want. Meaning, meaning, MEANING. Now here's the dirty little secret. Tim Minchin told me it. Yep the Aussie joke pedlar with a penchant for piano dropped this truth bomb on me on the Youtube! There is none. It's something of a cosmic joke ba dum bum tsss! If you consider the ultimate end of it all based on our current understanding it'll all even out into something of a uniform jumble. That is to say the concentration of energy will be the same everywhere.

Now what meaning could there be when the end of it all is that? So no meaning. So what's the point? I don't know. Not what you or I wanted to hear as why do anything if it's all ultimately pointless? Well there is a bit of a funny twist that's been added. And that would be joy. To laugh, joke, smile and smirk. All those expressions of happiness that we take for granted. We spend a lot of time not being that way too. Too much time. If there is not point then you may as well enjoy it. Pretty much the same conclusion I came to before. But this time I got there from a mad moon based rant.

Lunacy ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment