Saturday 15 February 2014

The weak in use...get it?

That is an actual phrase right? "The week in news" or have I made it up and convinced myself it's a real thing?! Problem when you keep your own company for a while, you tend to convince yourself of all kinds of things. Maybe it's just me...

The week has been a little uneventful. Well there was a gathering of legends round my house. Refreshing as it's always fun to meet up with the legends. I know a lot of legends Arthurian and the such. Was given a decent shove to take the initiative and make things happen. But I'm also a little ill and it's not man flu as I've had my jab. Devoid of motivation I've been doing busy work and setting things in motion.

Additionally my tshirt arrived! All the way from France, yep I have a french t shirt. It's pretty cool to look at...I am ever so tired my eyes are shut whilst I type this I wonder if it will look anything like English. Nailed it! Funny thing is as soon as I opened my eyes I made a mistake! Question for the hoard: can you tell that your car has a full tank of fuel? Whenever I fill up I can feel the difference in the car. Twas a moot point at the legend gathering as the yays tallied equal to the nays.

The tshirt! Now for the history of my t shirts yep I shall be going over something so banal. For a long time I owned numerous black tshirts, shirts etc. The colour of knowledge or so I've heard. Then inspired by the comic book heroes I hold in such high regard I sprung for primary colours red and blue. I now have the same colours but adorned with some rather butt kicking artwork. TARDIS, Pikachu, Edwards Scissorhands, Postman Pat/Breaking bad, Zebras, Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy and many wrestling legends. Interesting thing about the imagery + text is that people naturally have to stop and stare to ascertain what they are seeing. I tend to forget there is something stareworthy on my chest. This pretty much happens every time I go into public. So if you are staring at my chest trying to understand the awesomeness there upon then I'd advise you not to look at my face. As what you'll see is a confused look of "Why is everyone staring at my bosom?!"

Birch blossom!
On one of my excursions to visit my elderly dog, Tim. I say elderly but he's about as spry as he ever was. Also he lives in a shed inside a shed next to the garage. I'm not sure why we put a shed inside a shed. I approached the shed to awaken the beast, he spends most of the day snoozing. I spot an odd shot of colour out the corner of my eye. When I turn and stare I am greeted with a sign of spring, birch blossom! Looks like part of our hedge is made up of birch. Strange I know as you don't tend to use trees in hedges that's usually the territory of shrubberies. The rest of the hedge is hawthorn, I could hear you all screaming "WHAT SHRUBBERIES MAKE UP THE REST OF YOUR HEDGEROW!" So the indication that spring is here is somewhat misleading as it also snowed on several days this week. Not the settling kind of snow, oh no, it's the kind of snow that'll ruin a walk etc.

This cold malarky has made me drowsy. Rather annoying as being awake is such a possibility. Not getting much done in my wakefulness so perhaps sleep will be a better use of my time. Or I could sit here recounting what I did yesterday. I was invited to attend an alumni event to be part of a panel of graduates. We were supposed to recount our journeys from graduation. Mine was a lot of manual labour, a couple of accounting placements, cima exams, being incapacitated and then my dairy adventures. I was reminded gloriously of the bubble we all live in. The bubble formed by our particular experiences. From those experiences we for m conclusions on what we believe to be the truth. The problem is that all we experience isn't all that there is. I'm being vague because I don't want to be harsh. Perhaps my biggest shortfall is that I give too much consideration to not hurting folks feelings.

Note to self be more ruthless. Now that I've said that can one be ruthful? Thinking through the general "rules" and I am rather bored with that way of living. But what other options are there? Well there is foraging and...freelance. I don't have the skills for foraging neither the skills for freelance. But the life of a freelancer is ever so appealing. You would be free! But you wouldn't have a lance. I know a fair few freelancers and none of them have lances. Bit of a let down really. Where would one go to get a lance these days? In all my years I don't think I've ever met a Lance or seen a lance.

Oh my book finishing streak is continuing. V for Vendetta from start to finish in a few days! I know it'd have taken me a few years in the olden days. I'm a fantastically slow reader, not really. I start books then forget about them and get distracted by other books. Rather enjoyed it and I read the entire thing in the voice of V from the film. Portrayed excellently by Hugo Weaving, I'd encourage you to read it as it is rather awesome. Fills in some gaps that were missing from the film and adds a little more drama to the character of V. Plus the bit where Natalie Portman is in the rain is done much better in the book. Already onto my next book promises to transform my perspective on people and it's by Dale Carnegie.

Does anyone else find that during a full moon they can't sleep? Yesterday was such a day for me so today you'd think I'd be hanging. I am rather full of beans. Perhaps it's the coffee or maybe my lunacy has extended into today, get it?


No comments:

Post a Comment