Thursday 21 November 2013

Time, space and other things that keep me up all night long



So an old fear resurfaced, facing my own mortality, yet again. Cyclical thing that swings around when I have a moment, or several months, to stop and think. From time to time I accept it and feel rather awesome but then the fear of the inevitable ceasing of my conciousness sets in. Mmmmmm aren't you glad you decided to read this!
QUOTE from Bill Hicks:

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”

Some interesting stuff there, for me at least. The life being a dream and the idea that we are one conciousness is something I'll put to one side for now. Matter as energy well that's straight from Einstein and that guy was pretty on the ball. I mean he was from Germany, had crazy hair, a moustache and hated the press.



I am talking of course about E=MC^2. Are we all savvy with that equation? This is 2013 so most of you likely have a functional understanding of basic physics but indulge me whilst I have a crack at explaining it :-D 

E - Energy
M - Mass
C - Speed of light
^2 - Raised to the power two i.e. squared

The equation says ever so succinctly that energy of an object is equal to it's mass multiplied by the speed of light squared. In essence this expresses that mass is a form of energy. Tracing this back to some year nine physics, energy can not be created or destroyed it can only be converted from one form to another. In the subatomic world the mass of particles can change into energy in the form of light, heat or movement. And vice versa energy can transform into matter.



?

Agreed that matter is energy? If not hit me up and we can discuss it at length over a bucket of your favourite food, I rarely eat from buckets but when I do it's always much more than I should. I'm gonna steal some spiel from someone who I suppose has been my greatest source of spiritual teachings. I am by no means a total believer but the logic is what gets me. 

So what did you have for breakfast? No really tell me what you had...eggs, toast, cereal, fruit etc. Now by tomorrow a certain percentage of the eggs, toast, cereal etc. has become part of you. Digestion has converted and chickens egg into a human being, well into a bit of one any ways. Trace it back further and you'll see that the body is an accumulation of food, air, water that has been mixed up, broken down and rebuilt into human form. It's a roundabout way of saying what is you is just a combo of chemicals that were something else before and will, eventually, become something else again.


Click here to see from whence this came...
As you can see a complex chemical system that works wonderfully to create the whimsy that is you, me and everything else! That is pretty much all we are, nothing magical...which made me a little sad at first. We're just another part of the universe, that rises and falls like the rest of it. But unlike the rest of it we've got something special. I'm not talking soul, spirit, qi etc. What I'm talking about it discretionary nature, I've talked about it before here. Take a look around at the rest of creation and see what it does. Trees grow towards the sun, tigers hunt alone, wolves hunt in packs and so on. The rest of it, it would appear, has it's nature predetermined at birth.

But humans are not, indeed there are tendencies that are genetic. E.g. I'm fantastically flexible despite my lack of regular stretching, my family have a higher probability of getting heart disease and diabetes. Oh and there is also my male pattern baldness! It's not all doom and gloom I absorb nutrients really well, maths comes naturally, my hair is curly and as Bernie Mac would say I'm blessed :-O . Yep so as you can see somethings come easy or are more probable because of our genetics but we've go sooooo much freedom it scares me!



Twas last week that another awesome fellow departed the company I work for. He was my manager, mentor and an all round top bloke. He taught me a lot about detail, planning, strategy, pricing, management, disputes, plotting, scheming, wit and having a collection of excellent shirts for every occasion. I have one such shirt...I'm working on it! I was toying with the idea of throwing a pic of him up on here but I decided against it. Don't think a pic could do the geez's awesomeness justice.

Ooh I got some nifty schuff in the post recently. I ordered it so I wasn't a surprise but my birthday is coming up so you know, not saying you should buy me something...moving on. I just remembered that I forgot to floss, gah my gums! Two t shirts and a milk bracelet, yep I work in the dairy industry and I've purchased a milk bracelet. I am that cool.

I think I've come to the end of my thoughts for now...I have run out of things to say :-S Oh no wait it was late at night and I was just sleepy!

See it all here
I am now the proud owner of a postman pat breaking bad T featuring Jess(ie) the cat! Genius :-D But I also purchased another T. This one features a man who has scissors for hands, a film I am yet to watch all the way through from start to finish. It seemed to be always on during my childhood but I never saw it all the way through. I am of course going on about scissorhanded Edward. What pun could play with such a man as the subject? Rock, paper...you can see where I'm going with this right? If you thought or said scissors well done give yourself a pat on the back. But if you were thinking or saying scissors, lizard, Spock then I'd like to take this opportunity to declare my undying love for you right here :-P

Ketchup, Tardis amongst other tings
You may already be aware that the 50th anniversary episode of Dr. Who is just around the corner, been waiting for it so long I think I don't realise just how close it is! There have been loads of things bandying about :-D Amongst them is a quiz to determine which companion you are. Take it here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/paulaersly/quiz-which-doctor-who-companion-are-you do take it and then jump into the discussion below :-D or not I know most of the hoard are too lazy to leave a comment :-P

Originally posted by Eleanor she'd be fuming if she got no acknowledgement for starting this debate.
Beard is now big enough to hold not one but two hair styling devices!

No comments:

Post a Comment