Monday 23 September 2013

Guess who's back?

The pressure of trying to write something terribly sincere is wearing on me! I'm gonna let loose so in the immortal words of Dave Vitty

"LET'S GET READY TO RAMBLE!!!!!"



Oh I did hear about a 100 page book that I'm itching to read, The Testament of Mary. It's the story of the world favourite carpenter/son of god Jesus from his mothers point of view. Now the thing that made me want to read it first off is that it's so short! Secondly the reviewer said that you could really tell that the author had really thought hard about every word. Additionally I am a weirdo who'll no doubt follow a peculiar path in life. My poor mother will watch as I do so. Not saying me and Jesus are anything alike, well we both have beards but that's about it. Well I kinda have a story for every situation as well. But other than that I'm no where near as brave as the dude was, if it's all true that is.

Well when it comes to bravery I'll dive into the middle of any melee face first with little or no hesitation. But I'm not one to take massive risks. Yeah I'll stop comparing myself to Jesus.

Unrelated image of a fox chasing a lion, no you didn't read that wrong just now :-P
Anyone heard of the Q brothers? Well they were charged with remixing Othello. Now I was rather dismissive as soon as I heard this but once I heard and example of what they said it made me want to go see them so bad! Sadly that's not been possible, but that's a story for another post/s.



How many calories does an After '8 have? 33! Surprising low right? But then again it is terribly difficult to stop at just one. Brings me onto another book, Consumed: How Shopping Fed the Class System. Sure to be a good read. I'm kinda putting these here to motivate myself to finish reading quite a few other books so I can get started on these. I am terrible at finishing books.

Ooh I did finish Clovenhoof the other day! It's a funny story really. The Devil is deemed to be underperforming so he's kicked out of  hell and has to live in the real world. ***SPOILER ALERT*** Go read the book it's only £2.99 and you won't be able to put it down. He runs rings around conventional thinking and subtly challenges some of our ideas about right and wrong. There is also a nice nudge at the lengths we'll go to to protect people we care about.

Might as well finish on this little ditty that I heard on the Zane Lowe show some time ago. But I've been sealed away by that the powers that be to see what would happen if I were to disappear from the face of the earth. Turns out Russia gains a diplomatic upper hand X-O

No comments:

Post a Comment