Thursday 26 January 2017

Tim Labrador and Legend pt. 3

Some of you may have read the previous two instalments, on this blog, about Tim. He's the beautiful, blonde, beast, that I am lucky enough to call "my dog".

Part 1: Heralding the Hedgehog
Part 2: A Tale of Two Kitties

Just in case you wanted a recap or a little extra reading on the old fella, I say old because he is 15. Now 15 is old, and for a labrador it's super old. Pedigree says at 13 years old he'd be 96 in human years. Don't believe me then behold:

See, I wasn't exaggerating/fabricating.

The more mathematically adept/inclined may have puzzled out that at 15 he'd be around 110/111. A grand old gent.



Part three may be the final part in Tim's legend. That is because he has passed, that's to say he is dead. Up until a week before I did not think upon it. But as the time drew closer it was all I could think about.

I felt a lot of regret, did I do all I could? Was I the best I man for this dog?
No and no. But it's in the past and regret, whilst natural, is rather pointless.
I've resolved to be better. I'll aim and strive to be as kind, patient, and happy as he was.

Theres a small slideshow, ends abruptly so prepare yourself. Also here's a list of things he did, it's far from exhaustive as he did live an action packed 15 years.

Threw his hands in the air - he shook hands with both front paws
Jumped - really high, I'm talking his head above mine and I'm a shade short of 6ft.
Wiped his mouth on trousers - a habit I only noticed after several years.
Went bezerk...
Plucked washing from the line.
Yowled - it's like a howl but he only did it once.
Came at me like a rampaging thunder god - I forgot my keys and was mid fence hop.
Got super skinny - diet + exercise = skinny + insane range of motion.
Refused to stare at baby bros belly.
Humped many things.
Stood like a strong man - that one's for you Sanjay
Climbed out of the box - in the backseat of my old man's Nissan Almera
Crawled under a foot stool - in the garage
Sniffed some shoes to my baby bros great surprise - when we lived in Scartho
Pooped anywhere and everywhere.
Had a lot of ear infections.
Rolled over, shook hands, sat, stayed, came back, paused, jumped, fetched, walked, peed prolifically.
Always happy to see me.
Never ill tempered.
Forever hungry - One ate 5 + Kg of food when he had unrestricted access to the bag.
Snuck into the garage and spent the day there.
Fell out of the boot.
Was there when I blew my two discs.
Switched off.
Made an odd face whilst itching.
Hated baths.
Loved being towelled.
Had an "it's raining" face.
Knocked on the door.
Went to the police station by himself, twice.
Had a massive swinging...
Stuck his nose under the gate.




No comments:

Post a Comment