Monday 25 November 2013

My shoes...

I don't buy things too often. The stuff that matters that is: shoes, coats, shirts, ties etc. I've had my last pair of trainers since I was 16, that's over a decade of use!

Mizuno Wave Renegades, they don't make them any more!
As you can see the inside is nicely worn and the outside has started giving up. They have been placed upon a stool that came free with a bed my parents bought in 1996, I think my tendencies are hereditary! As you can imagine these shoes have seen a lot of action. I purchased them on the advice of a family friend when I decided to get fit back when I was 16. Dr. Varah, a fellow fitness nut, told me that because of my flat feet I should invest in some decent running shoes.

So I pop by the Lincolnshire Runner and they hand me a pair of these. And so they stayed with me through my travels abroad: Sri Lanka, Dubai, Switzerland, France and even Scotland! I wonder how many miles they've travelled?!

Clicky for more dets!
They were nice enough to give me a 10% discount because I popped back to get replacements for my knackered decade old shoes :-D The first place they would have frequented would have been the gym. Not just any gym but the gym where I went from being a super strong 16 stone freak to being an uber muscular 20 stone beast. It was the station in Sleaford, not where I gained my super strength but where I grew.


They've been on runs, walks, treks, jogs. They went with me to university, both times! And beyond...I attended both double headers wearing these shoes. Yep They've been with me a mighty long time. But this week I wave goodbye to them. Sadly it looks like the parting of yet another of my old office from Lincoln. SDRG, the Roller Girl who Draws in Secret, is moving back home. I'm working on a surprise so I do hope she comes to my partay on Friday, would be the best place to pull off such a surprise :-).

Did you watch the video? If not watch it now, you get to hear my voice! AND see my left hand! I like to take things apart. Never happier than when I'm waist deep in bits and pieces that I've dismantled. I honestly have no idea why I love it so much, not one for putting things back together again. My ultimate goal is to disassemble a car that doesn't work. Followed by reassembling it and getting it to start. Reckon I'd be a proper man if I were to do that :-D

Ooh eck I'd better mention that I turned up at work today after a twelve week absence to find a bottle of wine in my drawer! For being employee of the month? And as it turns out Local hit their target of 20, they actually exceeded it. This earnt us all two bottles of wine each! So back one day and up three bottles of wine...I should take more time off work sick. Ah for the first time in three months I wore formal trousers! For all that time I was wearing trackie bottoms and shorts, good times :-D

Being back in the middle of nowhere in an office peddling dairy, there's only one other place I'd rather be. And that's the old office, windowless and filled to the rafters with legends. I'm working on something to try and do the old place justice :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment