Saturday 19 July 2014

Re-done dance E

Anyone? Just me? ok...

So films, many films. I've been camping in the cinema with my bro. Godzilla, Maleficient, 22 Jump Street, X men days of future past, Chef, Transformers, Days of Future past, Rise of the Planet of the Apes... I'm sure there is at least one I've missed.

I was thoroughly won over by the fellow who plays Mrs. Brown. But yet to pencil in a day to go see the thing. Come to the conclusion the universe is conspiring against me, well when it comes to one thing. HMRC are giving me a refund! Not a life changing reimbursement but it's always nice to get something back :-D

Time is running out, or so I feel.

So Transformers! It wasn't so bad. My only criticism is that there was too much time spent on the people. More optimus and bee less whiny human bs please. And the female lead was the whiniest damsel in distress. Also action films are better when viewed closer, my bladder betrayed me and I bailed just before the final fight. Upon returning to the screen I watched from the front, instead of my usual perch at the back. It was SOOOOO much better.

THE VULCAN! For those not savvy it's a huge...and was the highlight of the day by a country mile. What is a country mile? Different to a regular mile, does anyone know


On the way back home I was umming and ahhing about whether to take a detour and thus dodge the Waddington Air Show. Decided to plough through the middle of it. And as we were ploughing we glance over to see what the people on stepladders were gawping at. It was an enormous one jet taking off. Yep this beast with it's engines at the end of their operational life was witnessed by two guys who were on their way home. Spectacular! Seeing the thing bank was unreal, something so massive going so fast...it was truly mind bottling.

Plugged the old cam in to review the pics and found some right old gems. So pants!

Under Armour
Been experiencing some chaffing subsequent to my return to the realm or training. My ass is quite literally a wad of cookie dough. Any get the reference? Anyhow I begin my quest to become carved out of wood yet again. I'm up to 106kg from 86kg, 4kg of which is on account of being lazy and the remaining 16kg piled on whilst after injury the put me on my ass for five weeks. But it's near enough been a year so time to put my behind in the past and get my ass in gear.

So pants! Yep Lycra uber pants come with quite the tagline "You'll never wear regular underwear again." or "Numquam iterum uti regularis indusiar" for the latin speakers out there. They are by far the best pants I've ever worn.


Can you put a name to this face?
At least he second small crawling white worm thing I've found on my carpet. It's not a regular occurrence mind you. No idea what it is or where it's come from. My best guess that it is in fact a brainslug. Anyone get the reference? Or maybe it's a babelfish! If I find another I'll pop it in someone's ear and start speaking in my somewhat obscure mother tongue, Tamil. Recently featured on Mock The Week! I've been lazy but he does burst into the language of my forefathers at some point during episode five series 13 :-D







That's Bubba Sparx with his one hit UGLY, I recently noticed an obscure reference to Timbaland you know the guy who produces many things and has quite a successful solo career. You can see him being awesome here with JT:




And I've just found a work around for embedding youtube videos on blogger! Yep that's what makes me super, duper happy :-D.

And wandering around the interweb I came across something called WebCanvas. See some of it here. Massive anyone can draw on it thing. Not quite figured out the coordinate system. Is it geographic, arbitrary based on a starting point. There's a word...datum? Gah my engineer/mathmatician side is so out of shape these days. Also I love doodles :-D

So I saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, shortly after seeing rise of the planet of the apes. I was a little underwhelmed as Rise was much better in my opinion. ***SPOILER ALERT*** But then again there was an obvious happy ending in Rise, the apes make a getaway to the forest. Dawn was a much more complex beast. It's easy to blame humanity, they caused the plague that only 1 in 500 are immune to and it creates the super smart apes. The strange thing is that there is a buttload of apes in this film, set ten years after Rise. Or at least ten winters as the wise orangutan Maurice tells us. He may be my favorite character, he teaches the kids and makes amazing guttural noises.

You'd think that it'd be man vs ape but there are factions within the humans and apes. Those who would go to war and those who want peace. Ultimately it's all kicked off by Koba shooting Caesar, he blames it on the humans and the apes go to war. So rooting against Koba right? But he's seen the worst of humanity, he was experimented on and carries numerous scars as testament. Caesar was raised by the wonderful James Franco and lives believing in peace. So circumstance made them who they are. ***SPOILERS OVER***

There are some truly wonderful moments in the film and it's well worth seeing but make sure you see the first one beforehand. Get's you up to speed and gets you attached to Caesar as a character, you see him grow up.

That's the goop I put in my hair to make it borderline presentable. I bought that tub in April 2013 and it ran out in April 2014, so it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment